Goodbye, 2016! Hello, 2017!
It's been a hot minute since I've sat down and written a post. Now let me catch you guys up on 2016 in general. Here's a list of 12 highlights from my year as well as some reasons I am thankful 2016 happened & how i resolve to grow in 2017.
- I was able to explore Philadelphia for the first time as an adult and subsequently began my love affair with this city. (Sorry NYC)
- A successful Valentine's day with the love of my life
- Spring Break with my girls in Atlantic City & Philly
- Saw the results of countless hours of studying for Systems Physiology/working on my thesis
- Walked at graduation & had Obama as our commencement speaker
- Began summer classes while working part time #LastClassofUndergrad
- Explored NJ & went hiking, paddle-boarding, kayaking with some awesome people
- Began a full-time (#regrets) to help financially at home & learned how to truly adult
- #DOAC part 2 with some of the best people in my life & luckily quit full-time to blog
- Graduated from Rutgers University- New Brunswick with a B.A. in Cognitive Neuroscience
- Finally found the courage and support to launch first post on blog thanks to my love and family
- Had the best birthday of my life and was luckily surrounded with all the right people in my life #blessed
These highlights cannot even begin to cover what a year 2016 has been. A rollercoaster doesn't even cut it. I want to say that 2016 allowed me to grow in ways I wasn't able to in 2015. Transformations aren't easy nor are they completely overnight. It's safe to say that 2016 allowed me to finally make a serious change within myself and the relationships around me. Of course I am not perfect and do regret many things I've said and done this year but at the end of the day I am proud to say I realized those mistakes and learned from them.
Even if you aren't with me now in 2017, I want to say thank you. Thank you for teaching me things about myself and helping me resolve to become a better person so that these mistakes never happen again. I'm sorry for how things ended but we just didn't mesh this time around. If you are with me now in 2017, thank you for being such a strong and positive force in my life. It took me a really long time to figure it out but I've realized that I needed you all along. I always say I have these friend crushes where I keep my friends at arms length in fear that it's unreciprocated. I've been trying to become better at this. I've been trying to hold you closer, become a better friend. I want to be there for you and support you just as you have been there and supported me. The end of 2016 really showed me how lucky I am to call you all my friends.
I'm so grateful for the family I have and although I am not the best at keeping in touch or noticing milestones, I'm glad that I can always count on you to talk to and share with. There's nothing like family and I'm blessed to have you in mine. I'm thankful for my parents and having a mom & dad that will sacrifice literally anything and everything to see me flourish. You all support me endlessly and always wish for the best.
This one goes without saying but I'm glad you came along for the ride in 2016, Dave. It's been real. You're literally my best friend and always push me to be better and achieve more. I think a lot of this transformation stems from having what I think is a healthy relationship not just with you but with everyone. You've helped me work on myself and have always been patient with my impatience. Thanks for sticking by my side and holding my hand through the tough chapters of not only 2016 but since I've met you. You've given me the world and then some.
If you're still reading this, I can't thank you enough for joining me on the journey I've embarked on. Your friendship and encouragement has given me a much needed boost to keep going. I hope that I can inspire you all as much as you inspire me. I'm determined to make it up to you all and really want to pay it forward in 2017. Here's to more laughter, love, and lessons learned in 2017. I seriously can't thank you all enough.
With much love and gratitude,